Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Red /Orange Dining Chairs

So in my new apartment, I have a semi-eat-in-kitchen. I have enough room for this cool drop leaf table I found, but not much room for chairs to go around it. Hence my search for red or orange armless chairs (or possibly maybe metal stools) so that the table can be used for dining. Of course I can't afford the true apple of my eye- this Marais cafe chair from DWR (ha!) in Vermillion. It is currently on sale, but for 200 bucks. Which is about 150 more than I really want to spend. It's so lovely though, isn't it?


Other options include:

The Bryce Adjustable Bar Stool from Pottery Barn, 149.99 (still too expensive, but cool)



Or the Jake Chair in orange from Room and Board, $79:



The Air Chair from DWR, on sale for $98...


But guess what I'll probably go with? Ikea! Snooze. But I do love the funkiness of the Urban chair, $39.99.

Although, there is always the painstaking option (probably the best option) of hitting up local flea markets and Housing Works to try and find some funky chairs that I can paint red... and I love the idea of a few red metal stools stacked in the corner, waiting for guests. Guess I have a good excuse for doing more shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment