Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Lease is Up!


In my mind, I have the picture of the perfect NYC apartment. It's like a prerequisite for living in NYC, dreaming of a perfect apartment... Mine would have french doors, transom windows, park views (Fort Tryon Park, that is, for all you upper Manhattanites), a balcony or outdoor space, and a dining room/alcove for my home office. SIGH. I would never leave.
My current apartment, a little white box that has none of these things, has been my home for two years. Although it's going to be a hassle and a half, I'm ready to jump back into the apartment hunting game. Rising crime in my little part of Washington Heights is playing a role, but also the recession is forcing rent prices down in NYC. Woot Woot! So I might actually be able to afford a nice place in the nice part of the neighborhood! Keep your fingers crossed for me...
Anywhoo, until I am able to find that magical space that is to be my next apartment, I'll be starting a special blog section called Craig's Makeovers. When I find a place on Craigslist that has pretty good pics, I usually fantasize about how I would design that place, with paint colors and other flourishes. Doesn't everyone? This ought to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment